Researching Golden, Golding, Goulding et al, with an emphasis on pre-1800 settlement in the Americas … and across time around the world.
I research all Goldens that settled in the USA before 1800. This includes Gald/Gauld-en/in/ing and Gold/Gould-en/in/ing families.
Info not specific to any Golden family:
Some are my Goldens. Yours? Many unconnected.
- Golden DNA Test Research – Free Testing – Limited Offer
- George Keeling, c1680-1759, was NOT an Irish Lord
- John Golden, alias Golding, hung for piracy – a court case that reverberates today re ‘Stateless Combatants’
- Fleetwood Augustus Golden (1875-1965) of Laurens, South Carolina
- Help Identify William Moody Golden / Golding’s Ancestors, South Carolina
- Massacre of Smith Family and Slaves, Long Cane, Abbeville SC, 1776
- Jefferson “Jeff” Davis Golden, 1883-1966
- Arriving in America – 1607 to 1699
- Keelings Arriving in Americas
- Green Golding (Golden) Appointed Commissioner of Roads, Bridges & Ferries, 1821, South Carolina
- Thomas Goulden of Bush River, Newberry, SC (c1720-aft 1790)
- Orphaned Goldman and Gouldman Family Lines
- Our Golden Family, proto-Germans, Baltic region, 1500 BCE
- The Reverend William Golding/Goulding of the Somers Isles and Rector of St George Parish, Bermuda 1643-1648
- Timothy Caleb Golden, aka Bill, c1808-1878, Haralson County, Georgia
- Thomas Golding (b1857) of Old Shelf Cottages, Lenham, Kent, England and the German ME-110 that killed a cow
- John Milton Gouldin, c1838-1876 of Caroline County, Virginia
- Evelyn J. Golden (Duck), 1926-2022
- Michelle Diane Golden, 41, Long Beach, California, 1981-2022
- Private Cletus Franklin Golden killed at Normandy, France – World War II
- Book – Old King William Homes and Families
- Marshall Henry Golden, 1954 – 2022
- Edward Keeling married to Mary Warriner not the son of Thomas Keeling and Anne Thorowgood
- George Jasper Golden, CSA, Captain and Captain of Industry
- Eleanor Golden Warren, c1745-1809, Clouds Creek, Saluda, SC
- July 4th, 1776 — William Goulden and South Carolina in the Revolution
- Genealogy – Goldens of Alabama – Misc Records – Marriages and a few deaths
- Gauldens, Gouldings and History of Midway Congregational Church, Liberty County, Georgia
- Tessa Cassandra Houchins Barnes Golding has passed, Wooster, Ohio
- Who are the parents of Robert Gouldman, 1803-1838?
- Belcher – John Allen Belcher with wife Sultania Graham Belcher and sons Clossie and Ollie Belcher – circa 1906
- 1676 – Gouldmans and George Nangle, 21st Baron of Navan
- Just a thought: Can we know some of our ancestor’s past via genetics?
- Norfleet yDNA Test Results as of 1 Jan 2022
- Issobell Goldman / Gouldman of Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland
… to view more: use the Archives menu on the right or the website search function.
Overview of my Lineage and Family Research
Now that my hair has turned to silver, and some silver to white, I have more time to do some things.
In a bit of good fortune I live within a 90 minute drive of where almost all Goldens, Goldings and Gouldens et al settled in Virginia.
My family research first started in the late 1970s. Other than occasional family trips and short stays, I did not grow up around Goldens related to me. They were just names and pictures.
Military service in the mid-1970s brought me close to my paternal grandparents in Alabama. For almost a year I got to know my kin as actually family with lives and stories. Then the military took me to distance places around the world … but the bond had been set. One of the things that I learned in that year was that my family knew no more about their heritage than did I. The genealogy bug bit me BIG about 1978.
My search for family was largely abandoned in the early 1990s due to hitting a brick wall on identifying any information about my grandfather Green Golden. He was a name and a legend of sorts. Family would say that he was a mountain doctor with several wives and MANY children. End of story.
After taking a DNA test in 2013 I quickly discovered family — yet almost no clue who they were, or they me. We undertook a sizeable campaign to get family members to take DNA and YDNA tests in 2014 and 2015. Whoa! We learned that much of what we thought about our family tree was not only wrong but we actually found much of our family going back to the mid-1700s. DNA and YDNA is sometimes the only documentation for the first few generations.
I very much look forward to exchanging notes, thoughts, and ideas on Goldings, Goldens, Gouldings (G-Folk) of all origins.
William David Golden
1956 until the coffee runs out