Researching Golden, Golding, Goulding et al, with an emphasis on pre-1800 settlement in the Americas … and across time around the world.
I research all Goldens that settled in the USA before 1800. This includes Gald/Gauld-en/in/ing and Gold/Gould-en/in/ing families.
Info not specific to any Golden family:
Some are my Goldens. Yours? Many unconnected.
- Notes to Self — Links with Interesting Info
- yDNA testing says Goldens from MANY Places
- Obituaries – Golden, Golding, Goulden et al
- William and Nellie Golden of Edgefield, South Carolina, c1780-1810
- Abraham Goulden, Goulding and Golden, 1791-1870
- Protected: Misc Notes – Abraham Golden 1791 to 1870
- John Henry Golden, 1934 to 2001, son of Henry Roosevelt Golden
- Protected: Travels – John Henry Golden 1934-2001
- Richard Golden of County Tyrone, born c1746, what YDNA says
- History and Heritage – Assisting Unexpected Cousins
- DNA Testing for the Charles E. Goulden (Golden) line
- The Search for Mark Golden (1762-1844) and his ancestors and descendents
- Golding and De Vere Family Line, England
- Eleanor Ann Ruffin Hines and Dr. Richard Norfleet of Blowing Rock, NC
- Donna Rives Golden, 1931 to 2021, Ooltewah, Tennessee
- Male Norfleets are from which Haplotype and Haplogroup?
- 1710 – Who were parents of Patience Norfleet, c1710-1775?
- Killed in Action / Died in Service to Country
- Gulden’s Mustard — Actually made by Guldens from New York
- Swiss Origin Guldins, Guldens, Goldens and Goldendale, Polk County, Oregon
- Teresa Diane (Teri) Golden, 1944-2020
- Captain William Keeling and The Red Dragon
- Barbara A. Gouldman and Goulden – Any Proof She Existed?
- Jobs That No Longer Exist, or Have Different Names Today
- South Carolina Goldens, Goldings, Gouldings et al, 1672-1840
- Golden and Goldings as Quakers
- Were Gouldmans once Goldings?
- yDNA Tracking Databases for Gold- and Gould-
- Keelings Arriving in Americas
- DNA Testing – 67 Markers vs BIG Y, STRs vs SNPs, some things to know
- Edward Keeling c1640-1687 not the son of Thomas Keeling and Anne Thorowgood
- 1903 – Nathaniel Golden of East Chatham, NY Passes Away
- How We Became Gouldens. Maybe. Rains vs Gouldman in 1718
- Essex County, Virginia Digitized Records
- Keeling Replaced as Administrator of Capt Thomas Gouldman Estate, 1687
… to view more: use the Archives menu on the right or the website search function.
Overview of my Lineage and Family Research
Now that my hair has turned to silver, and some silver to white, I have more time to do some things.
In a bit of good fortune I live within a 90 minute drive of where almost all Goldens, Goldings and Gouldens et al settled in Virginia.
My family research first started in the late 1970s. Other than occasional family trips and short stays, I did not grow up around Goldens related to me. They were just names and pictures.
Military service in the mid-1970s brought me close to my paternal grandparents in Alabama. For almost a year I got to know my kin as actually family with lives and stories. Then the military took me to distance places around the world … but the bond had been set. One of the things that I learned in that year was that my family knew no more about their heritage than did I. The genealogy bug bit me BIG about 1978.
My search for family was largely abandoned in the early 1990s due to hitting a brick wall on identifying any information about my grandfather Green Golden. He was a name and a legend of sorts. Family would say that he was a mountain doctor with several wives and MANY children. End of story.
After taking a DNA test in 2013 I quickly discovered family — yet almost no clue who they were, or they me. We undertook a sizeable campaign to get family members to take DNA and YDNA tests in 2014 and 2015. Whoa! We learned that much of what we thought about our family tree was not only wrong but we actually found much of our family going back to the mid-1700s. DNA and YDNA is sometimes the only documentation for the first few generations.
I very much look forward to exchanging notes, thoughts, and ideas on Goldings, Goldens, Gouldings (G-Folk) of all origins.
William David Golden
1956 until the coffee runs out