- Parents: William Golden presumed to be father, and census reports suggest ‘Nellie’ or ‘Nelly’ Golden as mother. Nellie may have been an aunt, sister to William Golden.
- DNA Tested? Yes, descendants have taken atDNA tests and match with other Thomas and William Golden descendants.
- Birth: … About 1796 at Saluda, Edgefield, South Carolina
- Death: … listed as 1819, but probably after 1820, Georgia. Was married and her family was still living in the Edgefield District of South Carolina in 1820 census.
>> The southern border of the Edgefield Distrist was located on the Georgia border, across from Augusta, Georgia.
>> Per the 1820 census, there was a woman in the household of appropriate age to be Sarah Frances Golden, age 25+, as of 7 Aug 1820 (census date)
- Spouse: … Peter Elijah Funderburgh (Funderburk), 1790-1872
- Children: There are four (4) children listed in the 1820 census, although not by name. Age ranges of the two daughters in the census are correct for the two claimed daughters. No listing of any sons in … Continue reading
Mary Eveline Funderburgh (Funderburk), 1816–1898, listed as under age 10 in 1820 census.
Matilda (Melissa) Funderburgh (Funderburk), 1819–1880, listed as under age 10 in 1820 census.
Possible Son 1, FNU, under age 10 in 1820 census.
Possible Son 2, FNU, under age 10 in 1820 census.
- Military: … N/A
- Working Notes: Yes, but not yet organized online.
~~~ Married 1810 Lancaster, South Carolina to Peter Elijah Funderburgh (Funderburk) as per genealogies but no documentation for this.
There are no records linking Sarah Frances Golden (c1796-1819) by name to William Golden c1750-1809 at Newberry, SC.
©2022 William Golden, Norfolk1956@gmail.com // Material may be shared without requesting permission and with appropriate attribution: A Probable History of the Golden Family of Newberry, South Carolina Since 1761, by William Golden ©2022
|↑1||There are four (4) children listed in the 1820 census, although not by name. Age ranges of the two daughters in the census are correct for the two claimed daughters. No listing of any sons in genealogies but there were two free males under age 10. See 1820 U S Census; Census Place: Edgefield, South Carolina; Page: 86A; NARA Roll: M33_118; Image: 174|